Welcome to the "EduTools"-Website
On these pages you will find a collection of IT tools that can be used for teaching and studying at the University of Basel. No matter which organizational unit within the university offers a service or product: Here you can directly access the individual tools, and find instructions. The site is evolving: currently we provide a lot of information for teaching during the Corona pandemic. Under Overview you will find a tools overview with direct access and links to the tutorials or "profiles" of the tools. On the instructions page you will find video tutorials, currently on the use of Panopto in the lecture hall.
Information about Online Teaching and Digital Tools
Lecturers can access a range of information and guides on digital teaching and tools via the following links:
- Please find information about how to provide online lectures and interactive courses on this website.
- Instructions on how to conduct online exams and assessments can be found in this guide.
- A blended learning guide provides comprehensive support for the design and implementationof digital teaching, with a particular focus on alternating the synchronous phases between online and classroom teaching.
- Recommendations for implementing hybrid teaching scenarios can be found on the educational technologies website.
- A toolbox and the scenario tools matrix it contains also provide an overview of application scenarios for various digital tools in a very compact form.
- With Panopto you can record events (at home or in the lecture theatre, also directly from ADAM), edit and manage recordings - a SWITCHtube channel is then no longer necessary. You can find more information on installing and using Panopto in these instructions.
- A short summary on deletion management on the various platforms for teaching provides information on when and where lecturers need to save or actively delete materials.
If you have any questions regarding these topics, the guidelines or your online teaching in general, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.